Ad

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Saxon Cavalry Troop

I'm starting on some Saxon cavalry from gripping beast. I want to use them as a mounted reserve in dark ages battles, or to represent some men traveling. In dark age Britain, mounted combat was rare, but nearly every faction used horses. Men would ride to battle and dismount. It was also common for there to be a mounted reserve ready to ride down fugitives if an enemy was routed.

Just a question for anyone reading that feels like chiming in: how do you hold your miniature rider while painting?? I am new to painting cavalry. With foot soldiers, I usually hold the base while I paint. With riders, there is no base and I really struggled with the painting. Advice and tips appreciated much!

*edit* I followed the advice of some members on The Miniatures Page, a fantastic forum, and inserted toothpicks into the figures via drilled holes. I can paint holding the toothpick. Thanks all!



No comments:

Post a Comment