Ad

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

DIY 28mm wharf


Last night I decided to try my hand at making a simple wharf to go along with my longship. I figure the wharf can be used to add to a riverside settlement, or even used alongside a tower as a small riverside outpost that needs raiding. These are the materials that I used:


Not pictured is a drill with a 1/16 bit. I simply squared off three tongue depressors and used some spare pieces glued to the back to hold them together. For the piers I drilled holes all the way around the platform and inserted toothpicks into them. The toothpicks are trimmed above and below the platform and then fixed in place with glue. The ramp is made the same easy as the platform, and attatched with a piece of fabric so that it can hinge. The whole assembly is then spray painted brown and finished with successive dry brushing of lighter browns  and yellows. Here are a few pictures of the wharf in action!


The Vikings use a conveniently empty Saxon wharf to launch an attack on a small town. The Saxon theign leads a motley shield wall of peasants to try and defend the innocent town.




No comments:

Post a Comment